Saturday, July 14, 2018

legal - How can I open source my Unity project when I use third party assets?


I know you are not allowed to open source a Unity project that contains asset store items that are either paid or under the default license. I am just wondering if there's any way to make my git repository public without getting into trouble.


Would it be possible to compile all third party assets into binary and keep the rest of the project text only? Would this solve the redistribution problem of third party assets while still keeping my own code and assets open source?


I know about just adding a list of required assets, but I'm looking for a better approach: a way to just download the repository, import it and it just works. If this is at all possible please share your solutions.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...