Wednesday, July 4, 2018

procedural generation - Method for procedurally creating spawn points


I have a world made of floating islands that are procedurally generated. I would like to spawn enemies or the player in logical-non-falling-into-space spawn points. Ideas on how to accomplish this? My thoughts were this:




  1. Drop a bunch of spawn checking items and if they fall for too long then that is a bad spawn point.





  2. Build logic into how the randomly generated world is built so that there are regions pre-recongnized as the place to place NPCs, baddies, player, etc.




If anyone has links to some blogs or reports concerning this or your own ideas on this please post!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...