Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Why do I get a blank material in Unreal Engine 4?


When I'm adding a material to a box in UE4, the material loses its textures.


I want to add this material


enter image description here


To this


enter image description here


After I'm trying to drag & drop the material into the scene above (like in UDK) the material loses its textures and does not apply:


enter image description here


When opening the material in Material-builder, the same thing happens: the material loses its textures and I've got these two errors on "Stats":



enter image description here enter image description here



[SM5] (Node TextureSampleParameter2D) Param2d> Requires Texutre2D


[SM5] (Node TextureSample) TextureSample> Missing input texture



I've searched and found a thread where they say I need to save the material again to get things right. When I click the save button, I have this error:



The current material has compilation errors, so it will not render correctly in feature level SM5.



NOTE: Using DepthFade node + Lerp and changing the blend to translucent didn't resolved my issue.



Any idea?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...