Monday, January 16, 2017

unity - Impossible rooms in 3D games



recently I was playing The Stanley Parable, and noticed that there are several impossible spaces in the game - in this example, a pair of pillars in the middle of the room, which from each side appear to open onto a long corridor between them, which would have to cut the room in two if it were present in the same space.


I hadn't seen this in a game since the Marathon Trilogy. The marathon games used a 2.5d engine that due to a quirk in its programming allowed for non-Euclidean geometry. I was not aware it was even possible with fully 3D engines until I played The Stanley Parable. How does it work? how would I do that in Unity 5?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...