Friday, December 2, 2016

assets - Where can I find fonts which I can distribute with an open source game?




I want to be able to release my game as open source, and I need to be able to distribute font files with my game. Where can I find fonts which I can use in this way, and what font licenses should I be looking for?


Are there any further considerations if I want to release my game under GPL rather than a less restrictive open source license such as BSD?


Edit: In response to Olie saying that the question is unclear: My main problem is that fonts which I find on the Internet either do not clearly state their licenses, or have licenses which do not make it clear whether I can distribute the font with software. I know very little about font licenses, but I am looking for sources of fonts which guarantee that the fonts are basically open source / creative commons / public domain / some other font license which allows me to distribute it with a game without paying license fees.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...