Friday, December 16, 2016

android - How to use mipmap in OpenGL-ES


I have recently entered in the OpenGL world. I am very pleased with the performance that I got with opengl compared to those obtained with a SurfaceView and its canvas. At the same time because of the limitation of the images to be in power of two I noticed that the quality of the sprite of my game is a little decreased. I read that we can use mipmap in Android but I have not found a real tutotial.


Are they compatible with Android 2.2+ ?


Which program creates mipmaps?


How do you actually use in code?




Answer



Here is a good tutorial for using mipmaps (and other filtering techniques).


To answer your other questions:


It should work fine in Android 2.2+.


Mipmaps are created from your base texture at runtime.


The tutorial provides full source code :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...