Friday, December 30, 2016

Can't scale properly to android device in Game Maker Studio 1.4


My phone is using a resolution of 360 x 640 with a 9:16 aspect ratio. I set my room in game maker to 360 x 640 and game maker thinks it's in landscape mode. I disabled landscape mode in the android settings and set to portrait only, like it should be. How do I get it to scale properly?


This is the code I have in my Scale Manager Object.


Create Event:


///Display Properties
ideal_width = 0;
ideal_height = 640;


aspect_ratio = display_get_width()/display_get_height();
ideal_width = round(ideal_height/aspect_ratio);

//check for odd numbers
if(ideal_width & 1) {
ideal_width++;
}

for (var i = 1; i <= room_last; i++) {

if(room_exists(i)) {
room_set_view(i,0,true,0,0,ideal_width,ideal_height,0,0,ideal_width,ideal_height,0,0,0,0,-1);
room_set_view_enabled(i,true);
}
}

surface_resize(application_surface,ideal_width , ideal_height);
window_set_size(ideal_width,ideal_height);
room_goto(room_next(room));


enter image description here



Answer



I switched the variables locations in this line


ideal_width = round(ideal_height/aspect_ratio);

Now it's


ideal_height = round(ideal_width/aspect_ratio);

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...