Thursday, December 29, 2016

Is it possible to use the Unreal Engine as a big C++ library, without using the editor?


I want to write a game entirely in C++, but I would like to profit from the possibilities offered by the Unreal Engine, especially in terms of graphics and physics. Nevertheless, I strongly dislike its visual editor: I find it heavy, slow and unintuitive. Finally, it forces me to use Visual Studio instead of my favourite C++ IDE.


Is there a way to use the Unreal Engine as a big library that I could simply include in my C++ project, or am I forced to used the Unreal Editor?


Related question for Unity: How can I build a game in Unity with minimum/no use of the visual editor?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...