Tuesday, November 6, 2018

perlin noise - Minecraft style world generation


I want to generate a world like minecraft's with an algorithm that treats every block separately. I want the world generator to be a single large function that takes in the x,y,z coordinates and returns what block should be placed in that spot.


It should work without knowledge of what the adjacent blocks are. It should be able to generate terrain with biomes, trees, caves, ore deposits and structures like villages.


Is it possible to make such a world generator and if so, can I get some pointers to how it can be done and what topics to research? If somebody wrote a tutorial about doing that it would be perfect. I hope this isn't a duplicate question because I am specifically interested in generating each block completely independent from its surroundings.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...