Thursday, November 22, 2018

Different ways to store a 2D map/landscape in XNA


I was looking around at this site about eight months ago and wish I saved the location of this topic but I was wondering the different map rendering styles that you can do in XNA. The one style I looked at was using a text file to pull characters like "X" would be a monster and "O" would be the player. Is there another way with out an external file that I can put tiles from a sprite sheet to randomly create a map. Of course when dealing with random buildings I would have certain building designs so that if some one was playing they wouldn't see a building with half a wall missing.


This is for a top down 2D game.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...