Wednesday, March 15, 2017

unity - Floor is made up of tiles with their own box colliders. Pushable item gets stuck on the "seams"


So I have a scene where the floor is made up of some tiled objects. All of these have the exact same height and exact same Y position. I also have a block with a rigidbody that you can push on the ground. It has a rigidbody with freeze rotation enabled for X, Y, and Z.


My issue is this: when pushing the block around, it sometimes gets stuck when reaching the seams of the tiled objects. I have tried giving it a friction of 0, but it still gets stuck sometimes. Is there any solution for this, other than manually creating a big collider that spans the entire floor?


alt text




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...