Thursday, March 2, 2017

reading - Tips for easy-to-read unabridged English fiction for language learners?



I am looking for English fiction (novels, short stories, novellas) that are easy to read for English learners. I am especially looking for fiction that has roughly the same level as Tracy Chevalier's Girl with a Pearl Earring and George Orwell's Animal Farm. The people that I have in mind found many of the stories in Fifty Great Short Stories (Bantam Classics, edited by Milton Crane) too difficult. (Unfortunately, I don't know what CEFR level this corresponds to. This is not for people who are attending school.)


I am not looking for simplified texts.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...