Friday, April 17, 2015

rhetoric - Is it better to use the same form of verbs in one sentence?



I heard a sentence form BBC:



It CAN MEAN to extend, continue or progress beyond a particular thing or MEANS to extend or continue further than that thing or point.



Why not both "can mean"?


Is it better to use the same form of verbs in one sentence?




The context is quite simple. It's a BBC English-learning program teaching "behind" & "beyond". I'm using it as an intensive listening material.


The "it" refers "beyond", and the sentence explains the meanings of "beyond".


@Robusto suggested dropping the "means". I agree and think it may be the best.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...