Friday, April 10, 2015

2d - Should I move the world or move the player?


I'm about to start developing a sidescrolling game where the player's goal is to travel as far as he can in the horizontal axis before touching down. Note that I do not need to ever travel back on the horizontal axis.


I'm developing this with the AndEngine for Android which uses OpenGL and Box2d.


Before starting, I need to decide on something important: should I use the world around the player to simulate movement or actually move the player and follow him with the camera features of the game engine?


Both approaches seems to have different strengths and fallbacks, so I don't know which one is considered best. For example, what would make it easier to add power ups along the way and have a nice animated background?



Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...