Wednesday, September 27, 2017

path finding - How does Flow Field pathfinding work?


Supreme Commander 2 has something called flow field path finding. How does it work? Is there some article available I can read up on how it works?



Answer



I wrote flow fields for sup com 2, and I wrote an article explaining the details. It can be found in the upcoming book "Game AI Pro: Collected Wisdom of Game AI Professionals".



Also, I recently did a video stream talking about flow fields for Planetary Annihilation. I show some debug views and explain how it works at a high level. http://youtu.be/5Qyl7h7D1Q8?t=24m24s


Hope this helps


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...