Wednesday, September 20, 2017

ogre - Open-source 3D models easily usable in OGRE3D/jMonkeyEngine



I'm looking for a source of 3D models (cars, game characters, furnitures etc.) which are usable in an open-source 3D game.


I found various website with free/opensource .blend files. However it is not easy to convert them en mass to jMonkeyEngine compatible format. You must open each one in blender, unpack the texture, and then use a python blender plugin to convert them into Ogre3DXML. It is not very convenient.


I want to try out many models, and find out which suits me the best. Converting each one of them by hand is not very scalable.


How do you get models for your 3D games?


Is there a standalone .blend => usable format in jMonkeyEngine/OGRE3D converted?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...