Thursday, December 3, 2015

software engineering - Experiences of test-driven devleopment in large projects


I've used TDD in personal projects, but I wondered if anyone had any experience of using this approach across a large team? Was there resistence to the test-first approach? Did you keep code coverage high for the whole project? How did coverage survive fixing those two-in-the-morning-and-you-ship-in-four-hours crash bugs? Did you run tests on all platforms, or just assume that passing on one meant passing the others?


I love the decoupled code that TDD produces, and the large suite of regression tests you get for free, but if you only have a few in the team who don't want to contribute tests, won't everyone suffer?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...