Sunday, December 20, 2015

word usage - How to say something that will happen at X minutes every hour?


I am coding a task scheduler. One of the options allows the user to select a task to be performed every hour at X minutes (ie. 00:45, 01:45, 02:45... 23:45).


Since I don't want to clutter the UI, I would like to know a short way of expressing this.


Assuming the user wants the task to be performed every hour at 45, these are the ways I have thought about, but they all sound weird to me.





  • Perform at 45 minutes (hourly)

  • Perform every 1 hour at minute 45

  • Perform at 00:45 (every hour)

  • Perform at minute 45 (hourly)



Is there a better way to express this?


EDIT: Another way may be "Perform hourly at :45 mins"



Answer




For (00:45, 01:45, 02:45... 23:45) I would write:



Perform hourly, at 45 minutes past the hour.



where "the hour" refers to the top of the hour (:00).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...