Sunday, June 18, 2017

tense - When to use "drank" and "drunk"


I am a bit confused in using drank and drunk. I know we use it with past tense but not when to use drank and when to use drunk. What are the better ways to use these?


I visited this, too, but it does not explain when to use which form. What scenarios best suit each form?



Answer



This is a tense question, (but should not cause anxiety!)


drink is the simple present tense:


"I drink the wine."


drank is the simple past tense:


"I drank the wine yesterday."


drunk is the past participle, used in the perfect and pluperfect tenses of the verb.



"I had drunk the wine before you arrived."


See:


Drink drank drunk


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...