Wednesday, June 13, 2018

c++cli - What 2D game engines are there available for C++?



I just realized there are not C++ 2D Game Engines that I know of. For example, something like Pygame in Python, or Slick2D in Java. We have the following:



  • SDL -> Too low level, not a Game Engine

  • SFML -> Handles more things than SDL and it's more modern, but still not a Game Engine. I like it, but I have found it a little bit buggy with the 2.0 version.


  • Irrlitch -> It's a Game Engine, but 3D focused.

  • Ogre3D -> Same as Irrlitch

  • Allegro -> This is a Game Engine, but it's C based, I'd like a modern C++ library.

  • Monocle Engine -> This looks like what I need... but sadly there is no Documentation, no community... nothing, all I have is the Github repo.


So, do you know any ? I'd like to use C++, not C#, not Java: I'm just more comfortable with C++.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...